Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Cubing(2) 4/16

Back when the History channel was about history I learned about the events of world war two and how it changed the world. I became so amazed how something like war can effect almost every country in the world all at once. And that spark of intrigue that motivated me to learn as much as I could about this global event for the next ten years. I was only ten years old at the time so the only sources I had to learn more was TV and my school teachers, and while war and weapons weren't books elementary schools kept in their libraries I had to find history books that mentioned it in their text. So I was always running from the school library to the public library to find as many books as I could. While over the years as I learned more I had to focus on specific subjects.
For the first few years I focused on the placement and players. With primary players such as Germany, The United States, and the Soviet Union to secondary players such as Canada, Italy and Australia. Then their leaders with Axis Hitler, Himmler, and Mussolini and the Allies Roosevelt, Eisenhower, and Churchill. Even the theaters of the conflicts in Europe and Pacific and outer theaters such as China and Africa. Learning more and more through books and maps I would find in libraries.

1 comment:

  1. What an intense subject for anyone to study, let alone a 10 year old. I look forward to hearing the rest of your story. I find that war is a hard subject for me to study. Although it is an unavoidable part of our history I find it hard to look past the horrifying casualties.

    ReplyDelete